FGFP ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
This volunteer position provides administrative and clerical support to ensure the efficient operation of FGFP Victorian Steering Committee.
- Office experience as an administrative assistant or equivalent
- Oral and written communication skills
- Accurate keyboard skills & knowledge of software including MS Word, email, spreadsheet, and internet
- Attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving
- Team work and multicultural awareness
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Attending monthly Executive Committee (EC) and Victorian Steering Committee (VSC) meetings and take minutes as required
- Preparing & distributing minutes EC and VSC meetings
- Preparing & distributing Agendas for EC & VSC in consultation with President
- Collating and distributing the Annual Report in consultation with President
- Preparing and distributing Agenda for the AGM
- Attending the AGM and taking and distributing minutes as required
- Organizing and scheduling appointments and meetings. This includes
- Delegations to Ministers
- Preparing sign-up sheets for VSC events & circulating related rosters Updating and maintaining organisational membership database. This includes:
- New member inclusion on representative membership database
- Following up VSC designated representatives when necessary
- Yearly update representative members affiliate membership forms.
- Preparing and sending outgoing mailings including thank you letters & Emails. This includes
- Updating VSC members on AGM election results
- Thank you and congratulation e-letters when required
- Distributing inquiries and incoming work requests. This includes:
- Schedule speakers for VSC meetings and following up with material for distribution to VSC members
- Circulate information to VSC members about events and campaigns sent by affiliates and others
- Assist in counting/collating resources for information stalls e.g. annual Seniors Festival
- Prepare sign-up sheets for AGM and distribute AGM minutes.
Available to attend monthly meetings
Victorian Steering Committee (VSC) meetings held monthly from February to December on the first Wednesday of the month.
10.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Executive Committee meetings held monthly from February to December on the first Wednesday of the month on the following times:
9.30am – 10.30 a.m.
On average this position requires 1-day a week plus another 1 day for VSC and EC monthly from Feb to December each year.
Fair Go for Pensioners (FGFP) Coalition Victoria Incorporated (formerly Fair Go for Pensioners (FGFP) Coalition Inc Victoria) is an independent non-profit coalition of progressive community-based organisations, unions and individuals advocating for social justice for ‘pensioners’ including aged pensioners, single parents and their children, unemployed people, older people in need of housing solutions and other low income groups marginalised by income poverty and inequality.
FGFP seeks to end poverty and inequality and give everyone a fair go at life. Our work is underpinned by human rights and activism, and includes direct action, advocacy, community organising, building the coalition, media, public education and research. FGFP is non-party political.
Go to Contact to get address to submit application.